> Advocacy Priority Areas
- Ensuring that the diversity of the health workforce matches the health workforce of the nation, and
- Transforming social mission education to make sure that all health professions trainees are prepared to treat all the diverse communities of the country.
How we engage in policy and advocacy efforts:
- Writing letters of support
- SCOTUS Task force – exploring a response to the pending Affirmative action cases that will be decided in June
- Health Workforce Policy Tracker – tracking bills that stand to impact the healthcare workforce
- Student Assembly Virtual Hill Day – Students and Advocacy Advisory Council members met with members of congress to share our advocacy platform.
We welcome new members to our Advocacy Coalition as a part of the Steering Committee or as a general member. Interested folks can reach out to Robert Rock (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Raashmi Krishasamy (email@example.com).
In October 2022, Social Mission Alliance assembled the Advocacy Advisory Council. Led by Robert Rock, MD and Raashmi Krishnasamy, MPH, the council is charged with establishing a plan to leverage Social Mission Alliance’s health workforce research expertise and network for advocacy efforts around social mission that will reach a wider audience.
Earlier this year, the Advisory Council hosted a virtual summit to convene leaders in pursuit of health equity, where they officially released the advocacy priorities.