New Advocacy Bulletin – Sign Up Now
Social Mission Alliance is pleased to announce the launch of our advocacy bulletin, Health Advocate Insights. Seeking to foster social accountability in the health professions, this publication aims to keep advocates, educators, and students informed about the latest state and federal policy developments in the ever-evolving landscape of health professions education and workforce.
In a time where healthcare and education are more and more politicized, it is crucial for stakeholders to stay abreast of the latest developments in the field. The Health Advocate Insights bulletin is a valuable resource for those committed to promoting ethical practices and social responsibility within the health professions, from the classroom all the way to the clinic. With the launch of Health Advocate Insights, we’ are excited to provide a monthly platform that empowers advocates, educators, and students to stay actively involved and make a meaningful contribution in today’s challenging healthcare climate.
Use the following link to subscribe to Health Advocate Insights and stay connected with the latest updates in health professions policy: https://us14.list-manage.com/survey?u=1da8101cba9419a0c8cf3d67c&id=752d555a04&attribution=false
Advocacy Priority Areas
To guide our work, the Social Mission Alliance Advocacy Advisory Council determined the following priority areas for our organization:
- Ensuring that the diversity of the health workforce matches the health workforce of the nation, and
- Transforming social mission education to make sure that all health professions trainees are prepared to treat all the diverse communities of the country.
How we engage in policy and advocacy efforts:
- Writing letters of support
- SCOTUS Task force – exploring a response to the recent Supreme Court decision, Students For Fair Admissions v. Harvard
- Health Workforce Policy Tracker – tracking bills that stand to impact the healthcare workforce
- Student Assembly Virtual Hill Day – Students and Advocacy Advisory Council members meeting with members of congress to share our advocacy platform.