Beyond Flexner Conference 2021
April 26-28, 2021
ATSU – A.T. Still University
ASU Edison College of Nursing and Health Innovation – Arizona State University
Interprofessional education and practice are essential components of a transformed health system. The 2021 Beyond Flexner Conference offered a unique opportunity to learn more about the movement and how to integrate social mission into your profession and practice. Beyond Flexner was honored to welcome A.T. Still University and Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation at Arizona State University as cohosts for the 2021 conference.
The themes of the conference centered on:
- Championing equity: programs that teach, model, measure, promote, and reward health equity.
- Diversity now in Health Professions Education: race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity, disability, culture, nationality, religion, and socioeconomic status among others and intersection of those identities.
- Innovations in Learning Integration: interprofessional education, integrated primary care, oral health, behavioral health, community integration, and empowerment, social determinants of health, and health law, among others.
- Moving to the Quadruple Aim: patient experience, population health, healthcare costs, and provider well-being in the context of social mission.
- Fixing the Framework: admissions, accreditation, post-graduate education, certification, hidden curriculum, payments, and state and federal policies.
Catherine Alicia Georges, EdD, RN, FAAN
Christina T. Rosenthal, DDS, MPH
Lena S. Wen, MD, MSc, FAAEM
The 2021 Beyond Flexner Virtual Conference offered various types of accreditation awards for conference participants. Among the education accreditation awards offered are:
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ (CME),
- Nursing Continuing Professional Development (NCPD),
- Psychology (APA),
- Social Work (ACE),
- Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE), and
- Dental (ADA CERP).